Sunday 22 September 2013

My first blog

Welcome to My blog

Let me start by introducing myself. I'm Nathasha  Shanavas ( A tropical Asian starlings) Born in Dubai ,but basically from south- India  Kerala   Completed my schooling  from Our Own English High school-Sharjah and currently pursuing my higher education  in Heriot Watt University in Dubai Campus - Fashion Marketing and retailing.  
I discovered a new world - 'When I moved from School to the college campus’. Everything was pretty easy at school as we where most of the time spoon-fed. After joining the university, I knew how things could get harder in life. Within  one year I learned how to stand on my own foot As many incidence  and experience due to my negligence  have put me back on the right track.
I believe these blogs are an online extension of our lives in which we discuss about fashion, business, style, experiences and life. I’m new to the blog and bit nervous as its  my first Blog.
I  created this blog mainly for my new module –‘Principles of Management’.
 As I have done commerce in my high schools , business studies was a part of my course. So during my first class on principles of management by our prof.Tom Northway was  absolutely interesting and comfortable to me. It’s like learning more in detail about the chapters I did in my school.
My influence in my career is my dad as he is a manager himself at  Marakesh Express cargo LLC. And my interest lies on fashion so doing fashion along with management would be a excellent combination to start up a boutique of my own.
What I expect from this course is that I figure out the importance of managing people, and of management processes generally, even to understand the human and labor factors  in organisations including the structure, design and culture of organisations and in addition to learn the management theory; policies and practices in the context of organizational growth and development, theories of leadership, communication processes, employment relations and the dynamics of organizational behavior.  And here I would put in my whole effort to study this course as it is really important to me for my future career.


Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success;  leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.



2 comments: